We please to offer the following features and benefits for everyone.
- The approval time for posts is maximum 15 days.
- You can categorise your posts under pre-defined categories.
- You can embed video content in your posts.
- Some contributors (selected on the basis of their work on the website) will be designated as Editors of the website.
What can you post?
- Travel experiences
- Historical facts based on your research
- Contests or events
- Volunteer work
- Social initiatives
- Documentaries you have shot
- Festivals and seasonal events
- Art work and photography
- Religious/peace seeking experience
- Diversified cultural experiences
Steps to post
- Click the Proceed button at the end of this page.
- Sign up and login using your Facebook, Google or Email Id. You will be redirected to the home page of the site.
- On the top right corner, go to your Display Name and click “Edit My Profile” from the dropdown.
- Update your Display Name, Nickname, Biographical Info and Profile Picture (whichever you wish to) and click “Update Profile”.
- On the left menu, click Posts > Add New.
- Add the Title, Body and Introductory Text (optional). Use “Add Media” button above the text editor to upload or add pre-uploaded media files.
- In the right pane under Categories, select the appropriate Category (one or multiple) for your post.
- On the right pane under “Featured Image”, select the image you want to have as the display image of your post.
- After you have made all the changes, click “Submit for Review” to send the content for review.
- After the same has been reviewed and approved, your content will be visible at the home page under the relevant category.
- Repeat Steps 5 to 9 to further post content.
- Please use Videos as one of the categories for the content having video files.
- We accept only stories to be published on the website, photos are featured only on Instagram.
Some guidelines to posting content
- The Cover Story should have a minimum of 200 words.
- Submit the content you own or have a right to share. Plagiarism is not acceptable.
- The content should not contain any controversial material.
- Please check the grammar before submitting.
Himalayan Geographic doesn’t take any responsibility or ownership of the content and media (photo, video etc) posted on the website. Even after publishing the post, the ownership of the content remains with the author and in case of reported plagiarism, the content would be immediately taken down from the website as well as any claims raised would be redirected to the author.