We please to offer the following features and benefits for everyone.
- The approval time for posts is maximum 15 days.
- You can categorize your posts under pre-defined categories.
- You can embed video content in your posts.
- Some contributors (selected on the basis of their work on the website) will be designated as Editors of the website.
What can you post?
- Travel Experiences
- Historical facts based on your research
- Contests or events
- Volunteer work
- Social initiatives
- Documentaries you have shot
- Festivals and seasonal events
- Artwork and photography
- Religious/peace-seeking experience
- Diversified cultural experiences
Steps to post (It is advised to keep these steps duly noted with you separately)
- Click the I Agree button at the end of this page.
- Sign up and log in using your Facebook, Google or Email Id. You will be redirected to the home page of the site.
- In the top right corner, go to your Display Name and click “Edit My Profile” from the drop-down.
- Update your Display Name, Nickname, Biographical Info and Profile Picture (whichever you wish to) and click “Update Profile”.
- On the left menu, click Posts > Add New.
- Add the Title, Body and Introductory Text (optional). Use “Add Media” button above the text editor to upload or add pre-uploaded media files.
- In the right pane under Categories, select the appropriate Category (at most two) for your post. (Do not add parent categories. Refer the table below.)
- In the right pane under “Featured Image”, select the image you want to have the display image of your post. (Preferably in landscape mode)
- After you have made all the changes, click “Submit for Review” to send the content for review.
- After the same has been reviewed and approved, your content will be visible on the home page under the relevant category.
- Repeat Steps 5 to 9 to further post content.
- Please use Videos as one of the categories for the content having video files.
- Please use Photography as the category if you submit photos.
Some guidelines for posting content
- The story should have a minimum of 200 words.
- Submit the content you own or have a right to share. Plagiarism is not acceptable.
- The content should not contain any controversial material.
- Please check the grammar before submitting.
- Using Categories
Multiple contributions may help you get featured in our Team section
Himalayan Geographic doesn’t take any responsibility or ownership for the content and media (photo, video etc) posted on the website. Even after publishing the post, the ownership of the content remains with the author and in case of reported plagiarism, the content would be immediately taken down from the website as well as any claims raised would be redirected to the author.
Once the contributor has made the contribution, the editors have the right to modify or recreate your content, if required. However, if minor changes are made, the contributor will remain the author of the post, otherwise the editor will be the author and appropriate credits to the contributor will be given.
Himalayan Geographic is an open platform for contributors and editors to share their content. Hence, Himalayan Geographic does not take any responsibility for any Stories posted on the website. The contributors and editors need to resolve their disputes if any, themselves amicably. However, you can always write to us in case of any concerns.
Himalayan Geographic reserves the right to add or remove people from its Team section without any prior notice. This action is derived from multiple factors like quality of content, responsiveness etc.
Note: Contributions are not subject to any monetary benefit, neither for the contributor nor Himalayan Geographic